The South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership is made up of three District Councils, each Council is committed to undertake activities with due regard to Privacy and Data Protection regulations.
Each Council has their own Privacy Statement or Data Protection Policy on their website.
Who controls my personal information?
Boston Borough Council, East Lindsey District Council and South Holland District Councils are joint data controllers for information collected via this website. We determine how your personal information will be processed and have to comply with data protection law.
As part of the partnership between Boston Borough, South Holland and East Lindsey District Councils your information may be processed by teams from these Council's in order to provide the most effective service to you.
For any queries about your personal data please contact the relevant data protection officer for the area in which you live: South Holland Data Protection Officer or Data Protection Officer for Boston and East Lindsey.
What information do we collect about you
Whilst visiting our site, you may be asked to enter personal data on one of our online forms. 'Personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The information requested will be the minimum necessary in order to provide our services effectively, and may include your name, contact details, and other personal data.
We collect different categories of personal information, depending on the service we provide to you. In most cases, we will need your name and contact details. Our service-specific privacy notices give further detail on what kind of information is collected about you.
How we use your information
The purpose of the processing will be the service or function for which the information is being collected, and your personal data will not be used for another purpose, unless provided for by law.
We need to process personal information about our customers, service users and local residents so that we can:
- provide you with council services
- review and improve the services we provide
- keep track of our spending across services
- train and manage our employees who deliver those services
- process payments to and from us
- meet our statutory obligations
- investigate and respond to complaints and reports
- complete any obligations with you through a contract
To protect your privacy, we put safeguards in place in order to ensure that:
- We will only collect information that we need
- We won't keep your information for longer than we need it
- We will tell you why we need your information and what we will do with it
- We will keep your personal information secure
- We will keep your information up-to-date
- We will not use the information for a different purpose than the one we told you about (unless we have to do so by law).
Under the Data Protection law, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
The Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) give you a number of rights to control what happens to your personal information and how it is used. You can use these rights by providing relevant details by email to South Holland Data Protection Officer or Data Protection Officer for Boston and East Lindsey.
You have the following rights:
- To know how your information is used, in a clear and easy to understand way
- To see any information held about you by making a subject access request
- To withdraw consent at any time, in the limited situations where the legal basis for processing is consent
- To data portability, in certain cases where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract
- To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection law allows this
- To object to the processing of your information, where we do not have a lawful reason to process
Please note not all of these rights apply to all processing. You can find out more information about your rights and when they apply on the ICO website.
Contact and Communication with us
This covers social media, contact centre, emails and visitors. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
This information may be processed by any one of the partner Councils; and Public Sector Partnership Services Ltd (PSPSL), when you contact our customer contact channels.
For all contact made through our customer contact teams, we are the Data Controller's responsible for the personal information you may provide.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses Google Analytics to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it.
The service will save cookies to your computer's hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information. However, these optional analytics cookies won't be set on this website unless you enable them via the cookie control system on this site. (See Cookie Statement for more information.)
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they access external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
How do I contact the Council's data protection officer?
Each Council has appointed a data protection officer to make sure it is complying with data protection law. You can contact the data protection officer at:
Data Protection Officer (Boston and East Lindsey District Councils)
South Holland District Council,